The Business Intelligence (BI) Manager will be a data-driven expert but also a strategic thinker who can not only project manage Business Intelligence development but can provide support to users of our Data Warehouse platform. In addition, the BI Manager has the capability to QA and develop code from scratch. This position will report to the VP of Earned Media & Development.
- Responsible for managing Elite SEM’s BI platform and providing Feature and Bug categorization, investigation and code support
- Responsible for reviewing user feedback and prioritizing based on Elite SEM Business Goals
- Responsible for communicating, training and supporting Elite SEM team members with their experience in our BI Platform
- Responsible for communicating, training and supporting Elite SEM Client point of contacts with their experience in our BI Platform
- Responsible for creating Business Requirement Documents which take client requests from idea through the full development cycle
- Collaborate with division leads to design, implement and deliver insightful analytics solutions for clients
- Assist with the build out of API integrations for ingesting vendor data into our BI Platform and data warehouse
- Assist with the QA of development code produced by Elite SEM Developers
- Prepare customer facing reporting, including working with Account Managers to determine correct metrics/dimensions
- Strategic Agility - Sees ahead, can anticipate future consequences and trends, broad knowledge and perspective
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Innovation Management - Brings creative ideas to market, facilitates effective brainstorming, helps the creative process
- Process Management - Excellent at figuring out the processes to get things done, understands efficient work flows
- Learning on the Fly - Learns quickly when facing new problems, relentless learner, open to change, improves, enjoys challenges and finding solutions
- Technical Learning - Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Informing - Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information
- 4-5 years of professional software development experience
- 4+ years working with big data sets
- Experience working in an Agile Development Environment
- Experience with a host of analytics tools including: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Google Tag Manager and tag auditing tools such as ObservePoint.
- Experience using Postgres/SQL and Version control with GIT
- Experience with data visualization tools and platforms such as Sweetspot, Tableau, Periscope Data, Datorama, ChartIO
- Experience with API feeds and requirements
- Experience creating Business Requirement Documents
- Advanced MS Excel skills required
- Strong statistical and modelling ability
Benefits & Perks:
- Great company culture. We offer flexible work schedules, work from home days, and unlimited paid vacation time.
- Great team members. We hire people based upon our core values so the people you are surrounded with have similar values that you do!
- Small team, big impact. Everything you do makes a difference.
- Fair compensation. Competitive salary and benefits.
- Executive benefits package. 4 months 100% paid maternity, employer matched 401-K, short & long term disability, educational stipends, and more!
Disclaimer: This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. Elite SEM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Working Conditions: Working indoors, sitting at a computer for extended periods of time, lifting no more than 10 pounds.