The Account Manager, SEO is responsible for the day-to-day communications and management of multiple client accounts. The SEO Manager works directly with their clients to ensure alignment with client goals and KPIs and collaborates with fellow SEO team members on strategic planning, deliverable creation, implementation follow-up, vendor coordination, reporting and analysis. In addition to managing their own clients, the SEO Manager will support fellow team members on their accounts, when needed, and participate in group SEO strategy sessions. The SEO manager will work under the guidance of the VP of SEO & Earned Media and will serve as a mentor for Junior Level Staff and interns.
- Responsible for the management of multiple client accounts
- Maintains the agency’s high client retention rate by developing and fostering long lasting client relationships
- Works directly with clients to plan & implement online campaigns & SEO strategies that align with client KPIs and marketing goals
- Regularly creates, analyzes and presents insightful and actionable SEO performance reports for clients website(s)
- Analyzes client websites, social presence & search engine results to identify competitive SEO opportunities within their vertical
- Manages internal analyst and technical resources to deliver insightful and actionable SEO recommendations according to an agreed upon schedule
- Collaborates with fellow SEO Managers to stay on top of SEO industry changes, social trends and search engine updates
- Mentors junior team members on SEO best practices & strategies and account management techniques
- Reports to the VP of SEO & Earned Media and participates with the rest of the SEO team in the continuing development of up-to-date SEO best practices & strategies
- Organizing - Can marshal resources to get things done, is resourceful to accomplish goals
- Time Management – Uses time effectively/efficiently, prioritizes projects, gets more done in less time
- Listening – Is attentive and an active listener, has the patience to hear people out
- Presentation Skills – Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings, gains positive attention, changes tactics that aren't working
- Creativity – Comes us with new and unique ideas, original, and always adds value to brainstorming
- Innovation Management – Brings creative ideas to market, facilitates effective brainstorming, helps the creative process
- Dealing with Ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change, can decide or act without the total picture, comfortably handles risk and uncertainty
- 3+ years of SEO Account Management experience at an Agency
- Proven history of successful SEO strategy creation and implementation
- Experience with Google Webmaster Tools, Google + & Google Authorship
- Experience with SEO Tools & Platforms such as Majestic SEO, Moz, BrightEdge, Conductor, etc.
- Experience with analytics suites such as Omniture, Core Metrics or Google Analytics
- Experience with Social Listening tools such as Radian6 or Brandwatch
- Basic HTML, CSS experience
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.)
- + Experience directly managing a team
- + Experience with websites running on DemandWare, Magento, Adobe CQ, Vignette
- + Experience managing paid campaigns on platforms such as Taboola, Outbrain, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- + Mobile optimization, HTML5, AWD or RWD experience
Benefits & Perks:
Great company culture. We offer flexible work schedules, work from home days, and unlimited paid vacation time.
Great team members. We hire people based upon our core values so the people you are surrounded with have similar values that you do!
Small team, big impact. Everything you do makes a difference.
Fair compensation. Competitive salary and benefits.
Executive benefits package. 4 months 100% paid maternity, employer matched 401-K, short & long term disability, educational stipends, and more!
Disclaimer: This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. Elite SEM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Working Conditions: Working indoors, sitting at a computer for extended periods of time, lifting no more than 10 pounds.